January 6, 2012

John and Jennifer Engagement

We had a beautiful fall shoot over in Old Town Sacramento last month with one of my closest and dearest friends, Jennifer and her fiance John.  We enjoyed the hustle and bustle of holiday shoppers as well as finding hidden corners of quite for some sweet moments between John and Jenn.  We also stopped at the restaurant, The Firehouse, where they got engaged.  Here are just a few of our favorites from the day...

 

After I finished editing John and Jennifer's engagement photos, I browsed through the pictures in a slideshow on my computer with John Mayer playing on Pandora in the background.  It was a pretty perfect moment and I got kind of emotional looking through all of these photos...seeing someone I care so much about...be so happy...and to be able to capture this moment in time for her...this moment of finding the man she is going to spend the rest of her life with and having open eyes and an open heart to the rest of their lives together.  

It took me back to my own engagement and how dear to my heart our engagement photos are to me.  Being able to shoot photos for John and Jennifer allowed me to experience photography in a whole new way today.  I couldn't help but feel so blessed at what we do.  Thank you to the couples who trust us with such an intimate moment in their life!

All this to say, congratulations John and Jennifer!  We love you both and cannot wait for the wedding!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Ashley! These are precious and tell our love story well. I already picked some songs for a slideshow at the wedding and John Mayer's "Marry Me" is one of them! I burned an engagement CD as a gift to John and that was one of the songs I chose...perfect! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Much love, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great photos!
    I love seeing photos of weddings and engagements!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis